Wednesday, August 4, 2010

christianity is the only religion whose god...

...bears the scars of evil. -os guiness

although my mind is perplexed & divided, my nature perverse, yet my secret dispositions still desire Thee... break the fatal enchantment that binds my evil affections, & bring me to a happy mind that rests in Thee, for Thou hast made me & cannot forget me. let the Spirit teach me the vital lessons of Christ, for i am slow to learn; & hear my broken cries. -valley of vision


He is God of the universe; He is gentle & humble in heart.
He says "come to Me, weary. i give rest to your soul."
He says "there's change around you? i'm your constant companion & am the same yesterday & always."
He says "are you having difficulty getting (& keeping) your bearings? My word & character are firm ground."
He says "do you feel misunderstood, disliked, neglected, out of place, insignificant? anyone who speaks or thinks ill of you can't know the depths of you like i do. and knowing your worst, i'm still here. you belong to Me. and i'm showing perseverance & love to people through you."
He says "take heart. i've overcome your fears, the accuser's end is certain, i am for you. and it's unthinkable for Me to leave."

2 comments:

  1. I like the last line "It is unthinkable for me to leave". I am however never in doubt that He would leave my side. I am afraid that I would leave Him. I hope with the Disciples I could always say, "Where would we go Lord for you have the words of life"! but I digress I know that my every action is in need of his sanctifying work. lest it become selfish and proud. Good poetical type posts. and I know that is also not a word i just like making my own words viz a vie prison mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *wipes tear*
    i'm thankful for you, brother! esp the way truth is brought to my life through you

    ReplyDelete