Friday, February 25, 2011

romans 12:1-2

recently, at the suggestion of friend/prayer partner jen, i looked at romans 12:1-2. her pastor had challenged the congregation to pray scripture, & as a church, they went through these familiar yet always challenging verses together. i told her that it raised questions for me (mostly of the how variety)... but it was worthwhile. i'll be thinking on this for a while, i feel. here's my prayer, though it's in process, from the above-mentioned tried & true, gloriously penned lines of paul.

help me Father, to keep your mercy in view, in light of it, to present myself to you (& to know what that means/looks like). show me how to be a living sacrifice, to give up the things of the world and my own desires for what you want for & from me. help me live a holy life & be pleasing to you. and to do this for you & not for people's praise or affection. let obedience be what characterizes my life. let it be my pattern. let my actions be a worshipful gift to you. help me not to seek to fit into the world's mold. change me with a mind that's continually made new & a heart that's open & soft to the things that matter to you. i want to know you & do your will- which can be trusted because it's right & best.

thank you, awesome Father!!

No comments:

Post a Comment