Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ron Burgundy workout vs. 'Christ's school'

Trying to impress co-anchor Veronica Corningstone who may or may not have noticed the amount of weight reps he did, Ron Burgundy says, "Ohh, it's the deep burn. Oh, it's so deep. Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand."

I can relate. Maybe most of us can. We go around with our 'deep burn' comments, reminding people directly or indirectly of our accomplishments, rallying for ourselves and vying for position. This isn't the way of the cross. It isn't what we were made for. We image God, we represent His glory. We follow in the humble steps of Christ: the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve.

May we become diligent students in "Christ’s school. . .  where He makes me fit for greater service by teaching me the great lesson of humility." 
 -Valley of Vision, "Need of Grace"

No comments:

Post a Comment