Wednesday, March 7, 2012

believer, the smiling face of God is upon you.

God's "smiling favor" and His goodness toward us don't hinge on circumstance, performance or feeling. it's dependent on the finished work of the cross. in rare moments of clarity, i recognize this & my heart is full.

"my circumstances are no indication whether the smiling favor of God is upon me. fear causes me to look around at my circumstances instead of up at the smiling face of God."
-a.w. tozer, the crucified life

there are many who say, “who will show us any good?” Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us. You have put gladness in my heart, more than in the season that their grain and wine increased.

it is good for me to draw near to God; i have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all Your works.

1 comment: