Friday, December 2, 2011

when being followed is a good thing

"o Love that wilt not let me go,
i rest my weary soul in thee;
i give thee back the life i owe,
that in thine ocean depths its flow
may richer, fuller be.

o light that foll’west all my way,
i yield my flick’ring torch to thee;
my heart restores its borrowed ray,
that in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
may brighter, fairer be.
-george mattheson

His light follows me as His word pierces and changes me; His nearness and wisdom light my path, nourish me for the journey, etc etc. but what struck me most when we sang the mattheson hymn recently at church was how He uses people in my life to follow me to dark, shameful places. they come after me in His name, asking the piercing question reminiscent of eden, "where are you?" they help expose my sin and lift the heaviness of shame. thank you Father for your followers who pursue me when i resist or avoid, for comraderie around your truth that illuminates my darkness and deceit.

if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment