Friday, September 9, 2011

prepositional beauty

i kind of loved studying parts of speech in school. i still love when someone mentions a part of speech. like "hey, nice adjective." although usually if someone's talking to me about adjectives, they're saying "hey, why'd you combine those two adjectives?" but that's not where my mind is right now.

right now, i'm thinking about the sometimes crucial role prepositions play in scripture. i needed this today:

"I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him"
psalm 91:15

not, "I'll take him out of the trouble" or "I'm there after the trouble to debrief" but "I'm with him IN it."

as my roommate reminded me this week, that's what "counting it all joy" remembers- that IN the trial, He is present & He's doing something good & needed & only He can do it.

by the way, have you met my roommate? she's great. and i heard a rumor she'll be blogging again soon. you might love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment