Tuesday, July 13, 2010

amazing!!!

it's one of those summer afternoon storms, & i'm hearing ear-piercing peals of thunder, & i have to say woww. the same God who makes this happen has redeemed me. and will continue to redeem. the powerful, personal God!

"He redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion"
-psalm 103:4

"You have redeemed my soul from the pit of emptiness,
You have redeemed my soul from death.
i was a hungry child, a dried up river,
i was a burned out forest,
& no one could do anything for me.
but You put food in my body,
water in my dry bed,
& to my blackened branches,
You brought the springtime green of a new life,
& nothing is impossible for You"
-waterdeep

amazing! what language shall i borrow to thank thee, dearest Friend?

in reading news, i haven't been able to find an adequate replacement for letters to an american lady, which i wrapped up a few weeks ago. after something that had captured & encouraged me so well, it's hard to know what next... i imagine my attempt to read Twilight will fail (yes, i picked it up this weekend at a yard sale hoping to appease co-workers who've spent months trying to get me to join their edward fan club). so my other bright idea was another c.s. lewis... maybe his lecture re: theology as poetry. not shocking. in the meantime, i dance around the pages of 3-4 books... the rare jewel of Christian contentment, valley of vision, julie & julia, & something else i can't remember...

...& i don't hear the thunder anymore! maybe/hopefully more tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment