Tuesday, May 11, 2010

things to consider

faithful encouragers in my life have recently pointed these things out to me... things that i/we need to recall but are so easy to forget...

psalm 107:43- "let him who is wise consider the great love of the Lord"

"only one thing is needed... mary chose it"

"Jesus as the Christ-Prophet is more believable in what He says about you than what you feel about yourself"

"our depths of doubt and sense of the darkness in our hearts lead us to perishable thoughts yet they war with those of hope eternal. in the end, the latter prevaileth!"


...& still enjoying lewis's letters to an american lady. will probably report on take-aways once i'm done, but continuing to benefit from his thoughts on suffering/humility interspersed w/his ramblings about the dailiness. i'm also impressed w/the way he typically signs off- by promising to pray for her if he can't sleep & expressing his hope that "our Lord will support you as only He can."

!!!

also- will do some baking tonight w/christy- maybe zucchini (or banana?) bread. one more round before she moves away forever & enters into marital bliss.

1 comment:

  1. Dar,
    Will you pray for me if I cannot sleep? That would be every night BECAUSE OF MY KIDS!!! They want to torture me and make me a sleepless ZOMBIE! They love me I know, but they know not what they do. They get a naptime everyday! but I don't AHHH. But that is true that the Lord will support us as only he can!

    ReplyDelete